Thursday, 18 September 2014

Finished article

 
In this assignment we had to undertake research in to the music industry and look at illegal downloading. I took out a research online to find information on the benefits and drawbacks of illegal downloading. These results gave me an in depth understanding on illegal downloading. In conclusion to this, I believe that there is both benefits and drawbacks for the artist i.e. promotion and on the other hand the artist does not get credited for his/her music. However, the audience appear to be in favour of illegal downloading as it provides them easy, quick and free music.
 
Furthermore, I then went on to emerging all the results I had gathered in creating a journalistic writing task, I included the strengths and weaknesses of illegal downloading also, I used further researching skills to gather factual and evidential information. For example, after reading into this topic, I found that a lot of different artists had varied opinions on this issue, I included their personal opinions I used artists such as Jessie J, Sean Paul and John Newman. As I had set my target audience as adults I used a formal language throughout the article.
 
Additionally, I included statistical facts to raise awareness on this issue as it appeared to create a huge problem for the music industry.
 
 Moreover, I was then introduced to InDesign at first I found this programme  quite intense and difficult as I had not previously used it, however with the help and commands of my teachers I was easily able to use it. I created a double page article and split it into two as I believed it would create a more professional look in that I could use one side to illustrate this issue so that the audience would be intrigued soon as they see the image.
 
 After searching for varies images, I came to an agreement that I should use Jessie J as she was the most compelling artist I included in the article with her quote taking a huge space on top of the image, I thought this would create an immediate interest for the audience as she had a negative approach to this issue. I used clear, block, big letters as a tittle as this was a way to put forth the main idea of the text.
 
I used the colour red for the tittle as this is an alarming colour which can suggest that this is an alarming issue and that something should take place instantly to resolve this issue. On the right side of the page, I included the article that I had typed up previously, I used two columns to give it a professional magazine look. 
 
On the centre of the page, I used an image of a treble clef so that soon as the audience turn over to the page they know its a music related article. I used a basic colour scheme of black, white and red ass I believe simplicity is sophistication which again is appropriate for my target audience. 
 
 After the completion of my article, I made and distributed a questionnaire in order to gain a clear feedback of my article, with this I was able to see the clear strengths and weaknesses of my magazine.

2 comments:

  1. The article has an easy to read journalistic style overall and considers a variety of opinions as well as including some useful facts. In terms of layout the font, columns drop cap, page number and colour scheme show a fairly good understanding of magazine conventions. Your article looks good, think about the plaement of your title and pull quote, but overall good work Dilara.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your evaluation is a bit too descriptive of everything you did, it would be more useful to reflect on how you found the research, writing and creative aspects. Also set yourself clear targets to help your coursework. Overall a good start.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete